A teenager will face court in southern NSW on Tuesday charged over the murder of 17-year-old David Auchterlonie at Belanglo State Forest.
One of two teenagers charged with being an accessary after the fact to murder, the youth will appear before Goulburn Local Court.
A third teenager, who is related to serial killer Ivan Milat, has been charged with murder and appeared in court on Monday.
The three youngsters from the NSW southern highlands were charged on Monday after the grisly discovery of David Auchterlonie’s body off a dirt road at the forest, the killing ground for Milat, who buried seven young victims there in the early 1990s.
David’s shallowly buried body was discovered by police at 8.30pm (AEDT) on Sunday following a tip-off.
He had been celebrating his 17th birthday at his grandparents’ house in the southern highlands and planned to celebrate with friends that night, his parents told the Daily Telegraph.
The parents gave permission to the newspaper to name David as a child victim of crime.
David’s father said his son had known his accused killer for many years.
“I can’t explain this, I don’t know what this is about. None of it makes sense,” Mr Aucterlonie told the Daily Telegraph.
David, one of eight children in his family, had left school in Year 10 and was not working at the time of his death.
“He’d been to TAFE and tried a few things … He was working out his place in life,” Mr Auchterlonie said.
Police allege the four friends went into the forest some time after 6pm (AEDT) on Sunday and consumed alcohol.
Chief Inspector Pamela Young said David died in the forest from head injuries.